- Represented a buyer in a commercial property transaction by reviewing the Small Business Administration and lender financing documents, including certain environmental agreements and protections for the lender, and negotiating amendments to the standard default and warranty terms to the buyer’s benefit.
- Represented landlord in drafting and negotiating a retail commercial lease for a multi-tenant commercial space, which included specific use restrictions and landlord protections related to potential tenant occupancy and uses.
- Represented landlord in drafting and negotiating a commercial lease for a single tenant space, which included landlord protections related to tenant occupancy, carve-outs for potential future development and anticipated tenant expansion.
- Represented landlord in drafting and negotiating a residential lease of single family homes, which included specific use restrictions, market protections related to landlord remedies in the event of default and comprehensive pet-policy.
- Represented owner in sale of commercial real state zoned for light industrial use and advised on purchase agreement, closing procedures and debt payoff instructions.
- Represented a buyer in acquiring a newly formed parcel by drafting an appropriate purchase agreement and advising on potential issues specific to identifying and confirming the newly surveyed and divided parcel.
Property Tax Sale
- Represented a buyer of tax sale properties, which purchased multiple tax sale certificates at a property tax sale, and prepared notices, petitions and other pleadings required to obtain tax deeds, and addressed related property title and defect issues such as potential environmental issues, judgments and notice procedures.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Represented tenant in landlord - tenant dispute related to the use of commercial space in a retail building and negotiated settlement of claims and amended lease.
- Represented various landlords in residential eviction cases related to rental of single family home where tenant damaged property or failed to pay rent.
- Represented a property owner in a property tax sale wherein the owner argued the county had failed to provide proper notice of the tax sale, and prepared and presented argument and evidence at a hearing regarding the same.
Commercial Property Purchase
Assisted a purchaser as a part of an acquisition of a commercial property zoned for light industrial use by reviewing the SBA financing documents including certain environmental protections for the lender, and successfully negotiated favorable amendments to the standard default and warranty terms.